These ongoing opportunities require a volunteer profile, a 6-month commitment, a more extensive application process, and a background check. These volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
If you are interested in learning more and applying for one or more of these opportunities, please indicate so on your volunteer profile.
Our Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator, Lindley Curtis, will be in touch about next steps.
Common Area Volunteers
- Use standard cleaning checklist to wipe down/sanitize high touch points
- Vacuum hallways
- Dust pictures and furniture
- Sweep stairwells, mop spots, wipe down/sanitize handrails
- Wipe down vacant room entry and bathroom doors with Murphy Oil Soap
Dinner Hosts in the Kitchen
- Prepare the kitchen for dinners
- Help to put meals in individual containers for guests
- Put away leftovers
- When groups return to prepare meals, Dinner Hosts will help to orient them, answer questions, and provide support.
- Clean and organize refrigerators
- Organize snacks
- Check inventories of kitchen staples
- Wipe down and sanitize countertops, cabinets, and tables
- Fold towels and bed linens and restock shelves
- Wipe down machines
- Sweep and mop laundry and storage area
- Check inventories of supplies
- Assist with preventative maintenance in vacant rooms and common spaces
- Clean PTAC covers, bathroom vent fans, and ceiling fan blades
- Change light bulbs
- Test smoke detectors and emergency lights
Note and Letter Writing Volunteers
- Write Thank You notes and letters to donors and former guests
Data Management Volunteers
- Assist with data input and management associated with operations and development
- Pick up donations and supplies