Plan for the Future.
Leave a Legacy.
Planned Giving allows donors to make significant and lasting gifts that will benefit SECU Family House for decades into the future. Below are just some of the ways you can leave a lasting impact on SECU Family House. For more information, contact Director of Development, Erin Craver, or submit the contact form below.
Some common planned giving options include:
WILLS & BEQUEST
You designate SECU Family House as the beneficiary of your assets in your will or trust.
QUALIFIED IRA CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION
Congress has enacted a permanent IRA charitable rollover, also commonly referred to as a qualified charitable distribution (QCD). As a result you can make an IRA rollover gift to SECU Family House this year and in future years.
Individuals age 70.5 and older can distribute up to $100,000 each year from their IRAs to the Family House and other charities without counting the distribution as income.
The gift amount counts toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), and your taxable income is lowered by the amount of your qualified charitable distribution (QCD). Gifts must be completed before December 31 to be eligible in the current tax year.
Important points to consider:
- You must be at least age 70½.
- The gift should come directly from your IRA account, in the form of a check. Please have your IRA plan administrator send a check to: SECU Family House, 1970 Baldwin Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27103.
- The gift may come from a Traditional or a Roth IRA (special exclusions may apply to other types of IRA accounts).
- Although there is no tax deduction, there is NO income tax on the withdrawal.
- The Family House’s tax id number is 20-3604576. Our legal name is Hospital Hospitality House of Winston-Salem.
You can designate SECU Family House as the beneficiary of your life insurance premium.
GIFT ANNUITY AND CHARITABLE TRUSTS
Working with a trusted financial advisor, you can designate SECU Family House as the beneficiary of your charitable gift annuity and charitable trust.
Legal name: Hospital Hospitality House of Winston Salem
Federal Tax ID: 20-3604576
Erin Craver, Director of Development // 336-793-2822 // firstname.lastname@example.org