Affordable lodging near Novant Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health for patients and caregivers. Stay near the hospital and your loved one.
SECU Family House provides the following:
- Guestroom with 2 queen beds (accommodating up to 4 people) and private bathroom. ADA accessible rooms may be available upon request.
- Linens, towels, a laundry hamper, and a radio alarm clock in each bedroom
- Cable television and wireless internet access
- Common spaces include living room, dining room, well-equipped kitchen, family room, library, and laundry
- Books and magazines you may borrow during your stay
Each room is $40/room/night. Applications for a reduced rate may be completed for consideration for those who are unable to pay the full rate.
All guests are welcome to use our full-size kitchen and dining room. The kitchen is fully-equipped with cookware and supplies. You have fridge space and a food locker to store food items. Kind donors keep the kitchen stocked with help-yourself breakfast and snack items. Many evenings volunteers provide a buffet-style dinner for you.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center offers transportation to and from Baptist hospital every hour on the hour on weekdays from 8am-5pm. A pilot transportation program provides daily scheduled service to Forsyth Medical Center and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center evenings, weekend, and holidays. A printed schedule with times is available at the Welcome Desk. Taxi services are also available in Winston-Salem.
Safety and Security:
* No weapons of any kind are allowed in the SECU Family House building or campus. * The possession and/or use of alcohol or illegal drugs anywhere on the SECU Family House campus will result in immediate removal from the house. * No soliciting is permitted on the Campus of SECU Family House. * Video cameras are located throughout the house in common areas recording all activity.
Smoking, Alcohol, and Drugs:
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the House. Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area located in the gazebo off the west patio.
Length of Stay:
Guests may stay up to 28 days as long as the patient is actively receiving treatment on an inpatient or outpatient basis. Families needing to extend their stay may apply for an extension beyond 28 days with the Director of House Operations. Extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Try to relax with one of our evening activities. Visit with a therapy dog volunteer, play a game of bingo, listen to piano music, or participate in a craft night. We also have DVDs that you can borrow and a library.
Health of the House:
Maintaining a healthy environment for the guests, volunteers, and staff is vital to our mission. Please notify a staff member if you are experiencing a medical condition that may be contagious to others in the house (symptoms may include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc). We will assess the situation and determine the best course to maintain a healthy environment.
Guests with Minor Children:
All children 14 years of age or younger must be accompanied by their parent or guardian at all times in the Family House. The Family House has a small playroom, a basketball hoop, and swing set for kids to enjoy.
Service Animals & Pets:
SECU Family House welcomes service animals and their person. According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. We are happy to provide local boarding information for pets that do not act in the service capacity as outlined by the ADA regulations.