Love in motion.
Special Holiday Volunteer Opportunity
Help man our Dewey’s Bakery holiday pop-up store!
Help the Family House manage our Dewey’s Holiday Pop-Up store between November 23-December 24. Volunteers will help us raise awareness and funds…while having a holly jolly time!
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcome customers and check-out their purchases
- Restock shelves as needed
- Keep store organized and clean
- Tell each customer that the sales benefit the Family House
- Promote the Men Who Cook giveaway
- Encourage people to stay connected with the Family House by giving them a newsletter and have them sign up to receive our mailings.
There will be a Cashier Volunteer and Volunteer slot for each shift.
Cashier Volunteers will need to be trained on how to operate the i-Pad register. Please plan to attend one of the following training times at the store: November 19 at 5:30pm, or November 21 at 9:00am.
The storefront location will be located at Harper Hill Commons, off Country Club Road (the actual address is 4962 Harper Hill Drive). Volunteers should be at least 18 years old or be accompanied by an adult.
Individual House Volunteers
Individual House Volunteers play a key role in providing a homelike environment for our patients and caregivers.
House volunteers may assist with:
- Guest Support
- Kitchen cleaning
- Administrative Support
- General housekeeping
House volunteers are required to:
- Consent to a background check
- Complete an orientation and training
- Commit to 2-4 shifts a month for a minimum of 6 months (the average shift is 3 hours)
Note: Crosby Scholars and volunteers who need fewer than 40 service hours do not need to fill out a volunteer application. See below for service opportunities.
Groups and Families
Group volunteering is a great way to bring co-workers, families, church groups, and civic organizations together for a common cause. We’re excited to partner with you to make the Family House more than just a place to stay.
Discover the various opportunities we have for groups to serve.
For Crosby Scholars and other individuals looking to complete fewer than 40 service hours, this is a service project list for you!
Your contact person:
If you have any other ideas that fit your talents, I encourage you to share them with me!
Lindley Curtis, Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator // 336-793-2822 // firstname.lastname@example.org