These opportunities are perfect for individual volunteers and groups who want to support the Family House occasionally.
Seasonal Volunteer Opportunities require a volunteer profile and registration online, but these do NOT require an additional application.
Current opportunities include:
Christmas Caroling in the Family House Living Room
- Grab some friends or coworkers and come caroling in the Family House living room! No matter your level of expertise, you’ll be making spirits bright. 🙂
- Register online at www.familyhousews.org/volunteer. This registration is for one group per 30-minute time slot.
- Carolers will sing in the Family House’s living room, next to a piano that is available for your use if you’re interested. Due to the size of the living room, groups of 5-15 people will work best. Masks are welcome but not required.
- Feel free to bring items to stock the hot chocolate bar while you’re singing! Items may include hot chocolate packets, candy canes, marshmallows, whipped cream, and other fun treats.
- Questions? Contact Lindley.Curtis@familyhousews.org or 336-569-8339.
Provide 10 Cozy Care Packages
- During the winter months, we would like to “extend a warm welcome” to our guests by sharing cozy care packages!
- Register online at www.familyhousews.org/volunteer.
- These can be small packages, the size of quart-size ziplock bags (goodies may be in small gift bags/boxes/baskets, stockings, or even mugs).
- Filled with fun, cozy things like:
- Fuzzy socks or gloves
- Hand warmers or foot warmers
- Packet of hot chocolate or individually-wrapped tea bags
- Hard candy
- Small lotion
- Questions? Contact Lindley.Curtis@familyhousews.org
TP the House
Grab some friends. Grab some coworkers. TP the Family House with paper goods the entire month of October!
Not local? No problem! You can order online from our TP Wishlist: https://a.co/0T6375J