Ways to Serve a Meal
Provide a Dinner
Thank you for your interest in providing a meal for the SECU Family House!
Having food available in the house will help guests avoid having to go to grocery stores and restaurants where the risk of exposure is heightened. At a time when our patients and caregivers may be feeling even more isolated, and perhaps homesick, it’s a great time to show them the love of our community.
Here is how you can help provide families in medical crisis with a meal that keeps them strong, warms their hearts, and calms their nerves.
Here is how you can help:
- Contributing to a potluck dinner is now available. See the Potluck Dinner tab below for details.
- Donate money towards a meal
- Donate e-gift cards: Lowe’s Food, Food Lion, Publix, Walmart/Sam’s Club, Domino’s Pizza, Burke Street Pizza, Elizabeth’s Pizza
- Provide a meal for 35-40 people. Use one of the online calendars below to sign up. If you would like to sign up for a later date, please contact Lindley.Curtis@familyhousews.org.
- Meals need to be dropped off at the Family House by 5:00pm.
- Meals may be catered and delivered by local restaurants.
- Meals may be prepared off site in volunteers’ homes.
- While it is helpful for meals to be individually packaged, meals may be delivered without being individually packaged. Please let us know ahead of time if this is the case, and Family House staff members will be ready to divide the food into to-go containers in the Family House kitchen.
- If the food is not already individually packaged, we ask that volunteers limit dinners to 1 entree, up to 2 sides, and 1 dessert (rather than a potluck-style with lots of different options). This will simplify the process of putting the food into to-go containers at the Family House.
- All food needs to be dropped off in disposable containers.
- Examples of menus:
- individually wrapped club sandwiches, small bags of chips, and individually-wrapped brownies.
- pans of meat loaf, pans of green beans, and a sheet cake.
- pans of sliced ham, pans of mac & cheese, and pans of blueberry cobbler.
Contribute to a Potluck Dinner
Scheduled for the first and third Monday of every month, Merry Meals are designed for individuals who like to cook, but might not be able to provide a complete meal for everyone at the Family House.
Collectively, you can provide a portion of the main dish or one side item and feed the entire Family House! Twice a month, we will have the dates and menus posted on our Perfect Potluck site.
On the perfect potluck website, use Meal Coordinator: Family House and Password: 1970 to find us.
We look forward to the day when we will welcome groups back in the Family House kitchen to prepare meals!
We will be sure to update this webpage and our social media pages as protocols change.