SECU Family House on the Richard J. Reynolds, III & Marie M. Reynolds Campus is a nonprofit organization that provides affordable accommodations and supportive care to adult patients and/or their caregivers who travel to Winston-Salem, NC for their medical treatment.
Spring Community Relations & Development Intern
We are currently looking for a driven and community minded individual to assist the Director of Community Relations to make the Family House a household name in Winston Salem. In a supportive and friendly atmosphere, this individual will produce creative and eye-catching pieces to share the Family House’s impact with donors and families.
Key responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Provide administrative and marketing support for the Family House’s March signature event, Men Who Cook
- Write and publish website, blog, and e-newsletter articles
- Build the Family House story bank with guest stories, photos, and videos
- Bring all internal and external communications pieces up to brand
- Research new community partnerships and communication channels
- Communicate with new and prospective donors
- Help with regular database cleanup, entry, and filing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional communication (email and phone) etiquette
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs including Word and Excel is required
- Knowledge of design programs and photo/video editing software is helpful, but not required
- Aptitude to use social media websites and learn new ones
- 18 years old or older and should pass a criminal history background check
- Physical demands for this position include sitting, with occasional standing, bending, walking, lifting, and/or moving up to 20 lbs, and answering the phone
8-16 hours a week, January-April. Shift times are flexible.
Training and support provided: Interns receive a 1 hour orientation and training and will tour the Family House, fill out paperwork, and review the Volunteer Handbook. They will always have the support of the Director of Community Relations for questions that arise.