Teens in the House 2021
Summer Service Learning for Teens
This summer, the Family House is excited to host a one-of-a-kind service-learning experience for rising middle school through high school students. This is the perfect opportunity for teens who are looking to explore non-profit or healthcare professions and who enjoy making a difference in the community!
Join us for our annual hands-on service learning program!
2021 Teens in the House Dates
- July 19-22, 2021, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day OR
- July 26-29, 2021, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day
Both dates are open to rising middle school through high school students and students. During activities, students will be grouped with teens of similar ages. Students will receive a total of 8 hours of community service.
Student volunteers will enjoy a hybrid format, with both in-person and at-home opportunities to learn and serve.
Monday: At the Family House
* Introduction to the Family House and hands-on service projects.
* Students will receive “service learning kits” that they will bring home with them. These kits will include all the supplies they’ll need for service projects at home.
Tuesday and Wednesday: At home
* Students will complete service projects from home, including welcome bags, welcome cards, and door hangers.
* Students will watch and read engaging curated short videos/articles about topics such as: how non-profits work, fundraising & grant writing, caregiving, and community services. (These will be asynchronous…not live.)
* We will have a live Zoom check-in from 11:30-12:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday to see how things are going, answer questions and do fun activities.
Thursday: At the Family House
* Wrap up and hands-on service project.
* End-of-the week celebration and recognitions.
The cost of the program is $50. This covers supplies and program expenses. Once you have registered, we will send you payment information.
Scholarships are available! If you’re interested in a scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I learned a lot about different organizations that helps people in need, and I might want to be a volunteer in the future” –Matthew
Great for teens looking to explore the non-profit or healthcare professions.
“This experience gave me exposure and insight into the different jobs that help the community and jobs inside the hospital which is where I might want to work” –Sarah
“…We heard a lot of stories and learned a lot of things that we don’t usually learn at school.” –Aerin
For questions please contact Lindley at email@example.com or at 336-793-2822.