Teens in the House 2022
Summer Service Learning for Teens
The Family House is excited to host our annual service-learning experience for rising middle school through high school students in person again. This is the perfect opportunity for teens who are looking to explore nonprofit or healthcare professions and who enjoy making a difference in the community!
2022 Teens in the House Dates
The opportunity is full for this summer! Feel free to email Lindley Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist. Be sure to indicate which week is your preference. Also check out other ways to volunteer here.
- June 20-23, 2022, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day OR
- June 27-30, 2022, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day OR
- July 25-28, 2022, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day
Each of the three weeks are open to rising middle school through high school students. During group activities, students will be grouped with teens of similar ages. Students will receive a total of 8 hours of community service.
In accordance with the Family House’s volunteer policy, all students will need to provide proof of vaccination to participate. Until further notice, masks are required at all times inside the Family House and volunteers do a basic health screening.
- Enjoy an introduction to the Family House and participate in hands-on service projects.
- Take a deep dive into the operations of the Family House and hear from staff members about what goes on behind-the-scenes.
- Create a “pitch with a purpose” for the Family House.
- Participate in hands-on service projects.
- Meet with community representatives and learn about philanthropy, fundraising & grant writing, caregiving, and community services for patients and caregivers.
- Design and put together ideas for community programs, write grant proposals, and consider marketing plans.
Thursday: At the Family House
- Engage in support services that Family House guests enjoy, including pet therapy and art therapy.
- Wrap up with end-of-the week celebration and recognitions.
The cost of the program is $50. This covers supplies and program expenses. Once you have registered, we will send you payment information. Scholarships are available. If you’re interested in a scholarship, please email email@example.com.
“I learned a lot about different organizations that helps people in need, and I might want to be a volunteer in the future” –Matthew
Great for teens looking to explore the non-profit or healthcare professions.
“This experience gave me exposure and insight into the different jobs that help the community and jobs inside the hospital which is where I might want to work” –Sarah
“…We heard a lot of stories and learned a lot of things that we don’t usually learn at school.” –Aerin
For questions please contact Lindley at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 336-793-2822.