Help twice as many families with your gift.
Many employers will match charitable donations. Use this tool to see if your company matches employee donations. After your make your donation, keep your receipt in case your employer requires it.
Gifts of Stock
Gifts of appreciated assets such as stocks can generate significant tax savings for you. SECU Family House has a Charles Schwab account listed under our corporate name, Hospital Hospitality House of Winston-Salem, that accepts gifts of stock. Please call the Family House at 336-793-2822 to speak with someone in the Development office.
IRA Charitable Gifts
Individuals age 70.5 and older can distribute up to $100,000 each year from their IRAs to the Family House and other charities without counting the distribution as income.
The gift amount counts toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), and your taxable income is lowered by the amount of your qualified charitable distribution (QCD). Gifts must be completed before December 31 to be eligible in the current tax year.
Important points to consider:
- You must be at least age 70½.
- The gift should come directly from your IRA account, in the form of a check. Please have your IRA plan administrator send a check to: SECU Family House, 1970 Baldwin Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27103.
- The gift may come from a Traditional or a Roth IRA (special exclusions may apply to other types of IRA accounts).
- Although there is no tax deduction, there is NO income tax on the withdrawal.
- The Family House’s tax id number is 20-3604576. Our legal name is Hospital Hospitality House of Winston-Salem.
State Employees Combined Campaign
To direct your Combined Campaign dollars to the Family House, use code 1832.
Thrivent Choice Dollars
If you are a member of Thrivent Financial you can direct your Thrivent Choice Dollars to the Family House.
The Family House is a United Way write-in. To direct your funds to the Family House, use the code 2705.