Why Perfect Pizza Partners:
The majority of meal groups can only serve Sunday-Thursdays–so that leaves almost every Friday evening without a meal. You can change that! Order a set of pizzas to be delivered to the Family House on Friday, or make your own to be served that evening. Pizza Partners are welcome, but not required, to stay and serve the pizzas.
Who can cook:
Your family, your club, your coworkers, your church, or your group of friends for a ladies night out–anyone! If you choose to prepare the meal in our kitchen, we just ask that you limit your group size to 10 so there are not, as they say, “too many cooks in the kitchen!”
How to sign up:
To volunteer, fill out a meal sign-up form with the contact information of your group that wants to make dinner, and your desired date. We will contact you to confirm a date and answer any questions you may have.
- Pizzas purchased or prepared offsite should be ready to serve at the SECU Family House by 5:30 pm on Friday evening. Volunteers and staff can assist with meal placement in the kitchen.
- We have a beautiful, well-equipped kitchen for groups of up to 10 people. You may arrive at the House as early as 2pm to prepare the pizzas in the kitchen and have it ready to serve by 5:30.
Several pizza places will deliver to the Family House. Tell them our address, 1970 Baldwin Lane, Winston-Salem, and the best way to find us (use 101 Hospice Lane in GPS, then continue to the end of Hospice Lane).
- Mario’s Pizza: 336-602-1410
- Domino’s Pizza: 336-659-0065
- Papa John’s Pizza: (336) 748-8886
- Burke Street Pizza: (336) 721-0011
- You should expect to prepare enough food for about 30 people (6 large pizzas). While many families will arrive at 5:30pm, others often arrive throughout the evening.
- Don’t forget the drinks! Soda, lemonade, or tea is a good side. The Family House has a water fountain and coffee.
- Providing a side dish (salad or fruit) is a bonus.
- Reusable/Disposable containers are preferred. Be sure to let staff know if you will be returning for any containers you leave.
- If you would like to have a tour of our House, please call ahead to speak with a Family House staff member (336-793-2822).
- Plates, napkins, and utensils are available to families, but you are welcome to provide your own.