Who can cook:
Your family, your club, your coworkers, your church, or your group of friends–anyone! If you choose to prepare the meal in our kitchen, we just ask that you limit your group size to 10 so there are not, as they say, “too many cooks in the kitchen!”
How to sign up:
To volunteer, fill out a group meal sign-up form with the contact information of your group that wants to make breakfast, and your desired date. We will contact you to confirm a date and answer any questions you may have.
- Breakfasts prepared offsite should be ready to serve at the SECU Family House by 7:30 am.
- We have a beautiful, well-equipped kitchen for groups of up to 10 people. You may arrive at the House as early as 6am to prepare the meal in the kitchen and have it ready to serve by 7:30.
- You should expect to prepare enough food for about 25-30 people. While many families will arrive at 7:30am, others often arrive throughout the morning.
- Reusable/Disposable containers are preferred. Be sure to let staff know if you will be returning for any containers you leave.
- If you would like to have a tour of our House, please call ahead to speak with a Family House staff member (336-793-2822).
- Plates, napkins, utensils and drinks are available to families, but you are welcome to provide your own.
Pancakes, scrambled eggs, and the hot fixings; Breakfast sandwiches are easy to take to the hospital on the way out, fresh fruit and granola is a great healthy alternative, and breakfast casseroles are a quick and easy way to serve many people.