Your story is one of the SECU Family House’s best resources. When you share your story, we can share it with others who might not know about the House so they can find us sooner than later. These stories help the community understand the services the House provides and how it can help make a difference in your life.
If you have a story to share – whether it’s 3 sentences, or 3 paragraphs – we would love to hear from you. Some questions to get you started include:
- Tell me a little bit about you and your family (where you’re from, what you do, your family…)
- What was the health crisis/emergency? -What was going on in your life at the time? What was your first thought when it happened?
- How did you find out about the Family House and what did you think about the idea of staying there?
- What was the first thing you noticed about the Family House?
- What was your experience like here? -What was a typical day like at the hospital for you? What decisions did you have to make for your family’s care?
- How did the Family House donors help? What happened as a result of their support? What would your experience have been like without them?
You can also email a story to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your time!