Teens in the House 2021
Trade the Pool for a Week of Service Learning
This summer, the Family House is excited to host a one-of-a-kind service-learning experience for middle school and high school students. This is the perfect opportunity for teens who are looking to explore non-profit or healthcare professions and who enjoy making a difference in the community!
Join us for our annual hands-on service learning program!
2021 Teens in the House Dates
- July 19-22, 2021, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day OR
- July 26-29, 2021, Monday-Thursday, 10:00a – 12:00p each day
Both dates are open to middle school and high school students and students will receive a total of 8 hours of community service. During activities, students will be grouped with teens of similar ages.
Student volunteers will enjoy a hybrid format, with both in-person and at-home opportunities to learn and serve.
Monday: At the Family House
* Introduction to the Family House and hands-on service projects.
* Students will receive “service learning kits” that they will bring home with them. These kits will include all the supplies they’ll need for service projects at home.
Tuesday and Wednesday: At home
* Students will complete service projects from home, including welcome bags, welcome cards, and door hangers.
* Students will watch and read engaging curated short videos/articles about topics such as: how non-profits work, fundraising & grant writing, caregiving, and community services. (These will be asynchronous…not live.)
* We will have a live Zoom check-in from 11:30-12:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday to see how things are going, answer questions and do fun activities.
Thursday: At the Family House
* Wrap up and hands-on service project.
* End-of-the week celebration and recognitions.
The cost of the program is $50. This covers supplies and program expenses. Once you have registered, we will send you payment information.
Scholarships are available! If you’re interested in a scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.