Your chance to shine
Kick off the holiday giving season with the Family House
Goal: Help the Family House raise $1,500 for its Family Assistance Fund so that 100 families can stay at a reduced rate!
Ways You Can Participate in #GivingTuesday on November 29:
- Make a donation to help us reach our goal
- Help us spread the word: tell you friends about the Family House by using the #GivingTuesday hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram. (See sample tweets/posts below)
- Share and like posts from our Family House Facebook page
- Send an email sharing your involvement with the Family House to your friends, colleagues, and family members (see sample email below)
- Create your own fundraiser
Resources for you to help our families this #GivingTuesday
Sample social posts:
- Health care is expensive. Let’s give families in medical crisis one less thing to worry about by helping them stay at the Family House. #GivingTuesday. Donate here: familyhousews.org/donate.
- I just donated to the SECU Family House of Winston Salem on #GivingTuesday! Help them reach their goal of raising $1,500 for their Family Assistance Fund. Click here to give now: familyhousews.org/donate.
Sample email to a friend:
Hi [Friend’s name],
With the holidays approaching, it’s important to remember those in need and I’ve found an amazing local charity—the SECU Family House—who needs our help on November 29th, which is #GivingTuesday.
The Family House is a sanctuary for patients and caregivers traveling to Winston Salem for medical treatment. Here they find a safe, comfortable, and affordable home away from home. Sickness doesn’t take a holiday, so many families are away from home seeking medical treatment over the holidays.
Health care is expensive enough, so a night at the Family House is an affordable $35 a night. However, a Family Assistance Fund is set up to help families who can’t afford the $35 a night.
Please join me in helping the Family House raise $1,500 for its Family Assistance Fund. You can help 100 families stay at the Family House with a donation this #GivingTuesday.
To help, you can visit familyhousews.org/donate.