Position Summary: The Housekeeping Attendant is responsible for the daily cleaning of public spaces and guest rooms in order to provide a clean, fresh and sanitary environment for all SECU Family House guests. Attendants are required to interact in a pleasant manner with guests, visitors, volunteers and staff. This position requires a flexible daily schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect linen and cleaning supplies necessary for completion of duties.
- Work with industrial strength cleaning chemicals necessary for specific cleaning duties.
- Maintain an organized, adequately stocked housekeeping cart with clean linens and properly labeled cleaning supplies.
- Clean public restrooms as directed to the required cleaning standard.
- Clean assigned guest rooms as directed to the required standard.
- Clean and sanitize toilets, tubs, vanities and mirrors in all rooms.
- Clean behind and underneath all room furniture and wipe any spills or stains off walls.
- Certain deep cleaning projects may be assigned.
- Operate certain mechanized equipment such as vacuum and team cleaners.
- Record all maintenance issues per procedure and report any safety/security issues immediately to Guest Service Supervisor
- Work with and maintain good relations with volunteers
- Promote energy conservation by ensuring water and lights are turned off and HVAC is set per management instructions when leaving the guest rooms.
- Maintain in strict confidence all conversations and information regarding guests and their families
- Report all maintenance issues to Rooms Inspector, Guest Services Coordinator or Operations Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of laundry room, loading the washer and dryer, and folding linens as needed
- Uphold and enforce SECU Family House rules and policies
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services
- Notify the Supervisor On Call of any accidents, problems, or unusual happenings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in a responsible position with proven ability to interact with people of different backgrounds
- Must have strong work ethic
- Ability to think quickly and independently
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Physical demands for this position include standing, bending, bending, pushing, pulling, walking, lifting, and/or moving up to 40 lbs. Must be able to move continuously throughout the shift
A criminal background check and professional references required.
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Hours per week:
- 18 – 20