Facility Maintenance Technician, part-time
The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative maintenance in all guest rooms, common, and outdoor areas. Responsibilities also include operation of equipment and basic knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems in order to provide a safe, clean and well maintained environment for all SECU Family House guests.
The Facility Maintenance Technician is required to interact in a pleasant and helpful manner with guests, visitors, staff, and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic touch ups and repairs to the physical building including: interior painting, replacement or repair of drywall, hardware adjustments including door, doorframe and lock repairs, minor plumbing and electrical work, HVAC maintenance, caulking
- Assist in trouble shooting and/or repairing electrical, mechanical, plumbing, or equipment issues as they arise
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on scheduled basis
- Maintain an organized, adequately stocked maintenance room properly labeled with maintenance supplies
- Upkeep of the outside of the property (ex. Removal of cigarette butts, trash removal, keeping parking lot and yard free of debris, keeping window sills clean)
- Assist in meeting room set up/break down and maintenance of meeting room
- Operate certain mechanized equipment, such as drill and any other required tools
- Promote energy conservation by ensuring water and lights are turned off and HVAC is set per management directions when leaving guestrooms
- Report any discrepancies in room status to the House Manager
- Report all maintenance related problems to the House Manager
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of all storage rooms and laundry rooms
- Assist in loading washer and/or dryer as needed
- Use safety precautions in all maintenance services
- Uphold and enforce house rules and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work with volunteers in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Physical demands for this position include sitting, standing, bending, pushing, pulling, walking, lifting, and/or moving up to 40 lbs. Must be able to move continuously throughout the shift
- Light Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC experience preferred
- A criminal background check and professional references required.
Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Temperature screenings.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting or cleaning procedures in place.
$18/hour, 15-20 hours per week
Note: These requirements represent the minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Employees must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.