Who can be a chef?
Local male influencers who enjoy cooking for others make great Men Who Cook chefs!
How many people attend the event?
We are expecting 425 attendees this year. The event has sold out every year!
Where do I purchase additional admission for my spouse and friends?
Purchase additional tickets at www.familyhousews.org/men-who-cook. There is no assigned seating.
What are the Awards?
There are 4 awards that will be presented during the event.
- The Top Hat Award will go to the team that has collected the most tips online before the event.
- The People’s Choice Award will be awarded to the team who collects the most tips this evening.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will also be given for best dish as judged by Providence Culinary Training Students.
Is there parking?
Yes, complimentary parking is available in front of Bridger Field House.
Who were the chefs in 2019?
- Wake Forest Baptist Health’s Dr. Mike Lischke and Phil Roethle, and Smitty’s Note’s Jeff Smith
- Winston Salem Chamber of Commerce’s Mark Owens and Walter Farabee
- Lowes Foods’ Tim Lowe, Richard McKellogg, and Wes Doub (Winner, Top Hat Award)
- Trellis Supportive Care’s Dr. Michael Lalor and ImageWorks Display and Marketing’s Jason Scott
- TW Garner Food Company’s Billy Lentz and Paul Schunder (Winner, Best Men Who Cook, 3rd place)
- Modern Automotive’s Joshua Moyer and Andy Mottesheard
- Wake Forest University’s Bill Oakes and Gears and Guitars’ Ray Boden
- Order of Malta’s Rob Rose and Sal Giaimo
- Inmar, Inc.’s Chris Smith and Infinity Strategic Partners’ Jack Samet (Winner, Best Men Who Cook, 1st place)
- WSNC Public Radio 90.5 FM’s Jimmy Steele and Greg Felts
- Cone Health’s Eric and Cannon Wealth Management Services’ Kimberly Stone (Winner, Best Men Who Cook, 2nd place)
- WinMock at Kinderton’s Bill Adams and Leadership Winston-Salem’s Robert Egleston
- Habitat Forsyth’s Mike Campbell and George Redd
- Reynolds American’s James Figlar and Winton Jennette (Winner, People’s Choice Award)
- HanesBrands’ Dan Hardy and Larry McAlister
- Novant Health’s Dr. Steve Motew and Chad Setliff
- Northwestern Mutual’s Todd and Bobbi Hoover
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church’s Dixon Kinser and Augsburg Lutheran Church- Winston-Salem’s Paul Wollner
- City of Winston-Salem City Government’s Ed and Herschel McNeal
- Globant’s Pete Mikeal and Leonard Ryden Burr Real Estate’s Jason Bragg
- Bernard Robinson & Company, LLP’s Mark Mielke and James Connolly
- DJs Cheesecakes’ DJ Myers