We are searching for amateur chefs to put on their aprons and prepare their favorite dishes!
Click here to see our Chef Packet.
Men Who Cook will be held at the
Legacy Stables & Events in the Forsyth Barn
at 4151 Thomasville Rd. in Winston-Salem
Saturday, August 19, 2023, from 6:30-9:00 PM.
We invite you to join us by donating your time to support this one-of-a-kind event where Winston-Salem’s finest amateur “chefs” will prepare their favorite dish for all to enjoy!
- You will recruit your own assistant “sous chef” to help you.
- You will be listed in the event program and on our webpage.
- There will be a chef information meeting held prior to the event.
- You agree to be present at the event and provide one (1) dish, preparing enough food to serve approximately 300 sample sizes (2-3 bite size ounces)
- Your food should be prepared off site and be ready to serve upon arrival.
- You are responsible for purchasing your own ingredients and supplies for your dishes. You will receive a $50 gift card to a local grocery store to use.
- Plates, bowls, silverware and napkins are provided.
- Logoed Men Who Cook aprons, as well as serving gloves, will be provided to you and your sous chef.
- Judge prizes and a people’s choice prize will be awarded to the winning chefs. Prizes are also awarded for most tips raised online and during the event.
- We encourage you to assist us in reaching our goal of $70,000 in tips. We will provide you with marketing tools to encourage family, friends and colleagues to donate while participating in some friendly competition with the other chefs.
Email Kara Yates, Development Manager, with any questions. Kara.Yates@familyhousews.org