The SECU Family House is proud to present MEN WHO COOK, an evening of fun, food, and friendly competition to celebrate the work of providing affordable lodging and support services in a caring environment for adult patients and/or caregivers traveling to Winston Salem for medical treatment. We invite you to join us by donating your time to support this one-of-a-kind event where Winston-Salem’s finest amateur “chefs” will prepare their favorite dish for all to enjoy!
Our annual event will be held at the Bridger Field House at BB&T Field on Saturday, March 19, 2022, from 6:30-9:00 PM.
We are searching for amateur chefs to put on their aprons and prepare their favorite dishes!
- You agree to be present at the event (arriving by 5:00 PM the evening of event) and provide one (1) dish, preparing enough food to serve approximately 350 sample sizes (2-3 oz. – about the amount you’d need to serve 35-40 full plates). Your food should be prepared off site and be ready to serve upon arrival.
- You are responsible for purchasing your own ingredients and supplies for your dishes. You will receive a $50 gift card to a local grocery store to use. Plates, bowls, silverware and napkins are provided.
- You may recruit your own assistant “sous chef” to help you, or we can assign a volunteer.
- Logoed Men Who Cook aprons, as well as serving gloves, will be provided to you and your sous chef.
- You will also be listed in the event program and on our webpage.
- Judge prizes and a people’s choice prize will be awarded to the winning chefs.
- We encourage you to assist us in reaching our goal of $40,000 in tips. We will provide you with marketing tools to encourage family, friends and colleagues to donate while participating in some friendly competition with the other chefs. Two prizes are awarded for most tips raised online and during the event.
- There will be a chef information meeting held prior to the event.