Staff and volunteers at the SECU Family House work hard to make sure the House is as inviting and comfortable as possible, and to help you meet your needs during your stay.
If you or a loved one are in the hospital, and could benefit from a comfortable and affordable place to stay, then the SECU Family House is the place for you. SECU Family House can accept guests only through a referral application submitted by a medical professional or service department at one of the following medical facilities. To get a referral, inquire with your doctor, nurse, or the service department at your hospital. Find specific departments and contact information here.
A caregiver (and/or a patient) may stay at the SECU Family House if they meet the following criteria:
- The patient is 18 years or older
- The patient has a permanent residence outside of Forsyth County
- The patient is be currently receiving treatment at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home, or Select Specialty Hospital
SECU Family House provides the following:
- Private bedroom with 2 queen beds (accommodating up to 4 people) and attached bathroom
- Linens, towels, a laundry hamper, and a radio alarm clock in each bedroom
- Cable television and wireless internet access
- Common living and dining rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry room
- Books and magazines you may borrow during your stay
Please remember that the SECU Family House is a non-profit organization. As a result, we request a rate of $35/room/night to offset costs, and to help support future families. Applications for a reduced rate may be completed for consideration by referrals who are unable to pay the full rate.
- Please check in between the hours of 10am and 8pm.
- SECU Family House is a smoke free facility with a designated smoking area.
- The use of illegal drugs and/or alcohol is not permitted on the campus.
- Our maximum stay is 28 days. Any guest needing to stay beyond 28 days must apply to extend his/her stay with Director of House Operations or Manager on Duty.
- If a patient is staying overnight at the House, he/she must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Continue on to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Directions to SECU Family House:
1970 Baldwin Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27103 (at end of Hospice Lane)
From I-40 West/East – Take exit 189, Stratford Rd. Turn right off exit ramp. Go approximately ½ mile and turn left on Burke Mill Road SW. Go 1.5 miles and turn left on Hospice Lane. The SECU Family House is at end of road.
From WFU Baptist Medical Center – Turn left from parking deck on Medical Center Blvd. and bear left on Queen St. Turn right on Hawthorne Road. Go 1.5 miles and turn left on Bolton Street. Stay on Bolton for 1 mile. Turn right at Hospice Lane. The SECU Family House is at end of road.
From Forsyth Medical Center – Turn left from parking deck onto Hawthorne Rd. Go to 1st light and turn left on Silas Creek Parkway. Go 1/2 mile and take the Bolton Street exit on right, and turn right. Go 1/2 mile and turn right on Hospice Lane. The SECU Family House is at end of road.
*Special Note: Online maps currently show the correct location, but give you incorrect directions. If using a GPS or online map, please use this address: 101 Hospice Lane, and continue on to the end of Hospice Lane.*